(1) After reinsurance transactions, excluding state funds.
(2) Before reinsurance transactions, excluding state funds. May not match total premiums shown elsewhere in this book because of the use of different exhibits from Highline Data LLC.
(3) Includes international and miscellaneous coverages.
(4) Premiums from certain insurers that write health insurance but file financial statements with state regulators on a property/casualty rather than life/health basis.
(5) Only includes nonproportional reinsurance, an arrangement in which a reinsurer makes payments to an insurer whose losses exceed a predetermined amount.
(6) Coverages protecting against legal liability resulting from negligence, carelessness, or failure to act.
Source: National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) Annual Statement Database, via Highline Data, LLC. Copyrighted information. No portion of this work may be copied or redistributed without the express written permission of Highline Data, LLC.