The Insurance Information Institute (I.I.I.) has worked for more than 50 years to improve public understanding of insurance—what it does, and how it works.
Making Insurance Work Better For Everyone
As a member in the I.I.I. you will have access to its team of economists, actuaries, researchers, and communications experts—who are the premier source for information, analysis and referral on insurance issues.
We work year-round—implementing a strategic communications plan and responding to significant events—to provide accurate and objective information to traditional and new media.
- Our economists and actuaries produce insightful research and analysis, presentations and statistical publications; we appear before member companies, industry groups, Congress, and legislative and regulatory bodies.
- Our communications group supports member companies with their strategic needs by making available communications resources and knowledgeable industry spokespeople.
- Our information services department responds to individual requests for information from diverse audiences providing data, research and analysis.
- Our research database is available to members at all times.
- Our website delivers news, analysis and other resources—and we support our initiatives with a comprehensive social and mobile outreach strategy.
The I.I.I. serves its members as the originator of research studies on vital insurance and finance-related topics. We deliver a variety of information products and communications services:
- Executive Briefings
- Company staff, agent, broker and client presentations
- Communications Support
- Industry Research
- Public Opinion Surveys
- Expert Testimony
As part of its mission, the I.I.I. offers member services to a variety of stakeholders. There are four types of membership in the I.I.I.:
- Company Membership – available to property/casualty, life/health and reinsurance companies. Dues are based on a company’s direct written premiums.
- Associate Membership – available to associations and non-insurance companies with an interest in the sector. Dues are calculated on a case-by-case basis.
- Academic Membership – free membership, available only to educators and students.
- Subscribership – insurance and other related associations and organizations can subscribe to specific services. Dues are commensurate with level of services contracted.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-346-5500.