Reactions Catastrophe Webcast: Feeling the Pressure
Date: March 18 2009
Time: 12:00pm EST
Duration: 90 Minutes
Download the MP3 file.
The US catastrophe market is under pressure. Reinsurers have upped their estimate of losses from last year’s hurricanes, primary insurers are finding it hard to push up pricing in a highly regulated market, and Florida’s state-run backstop is underfunded by billions of dollars. All this comes against the ominous backdrop of the financial crisis drying up the supply of capital to the market.
Reactions’ web seminar will make sense of the mess. Hear specialists’ views on:
- What the long-term solution for covering cats should be
- What would happen were a big event to hit this year
- Whether it is possible to make money in the US cat market in the long term
Attendees can interact with speakers with real-time questions, votes and feedback.
- Michael Loney, editor of Reactions (Moderator)
- Eric Nelson, Travelers vice-president of risk management for personal insurance at Travelers
- Thomas Holzheu, senior economist at Swiss Re Economic Research & Consulting, North America
- Dr. Steven Weisbart, senior vice-president and chief economist for the Insurance Information Institute
- Richard Attanasio, vice-president of personal lines ratings at AM Best
- Panellist TBC, The Hartford
Register now for free.
Don't forget: If you can't make the live time of this webcast please still register as the footage will be archived and your login will enable you to listen to the seminar at a time that suits you.
Subscribe to Reactions’ webcast channel to attend this free webcast and future events throughout the year.