We posted this look at insurance coverage and earthquakes earlier today. More important links about earthquakes and insurance:
- A long III background paper on the topic, including discussion of:
- Economic losses from earthquakes.
- How earthquake severity is measured.
- 10 costliest earthquakes in US history in terms of insured losses.
- 10 costliest earthquakes in world history since 1980.
- More facts and statistics on earthquakes.
- How to recover from an earthquake: protecting yourself, protecting your structure, protecting your financial interests.
One thought on “Earthquakes: More links from Insurance Information Instititute”
Much like flood insurance, the cost of earthquake insurance is very high for those who need it. Until earthquake and flood is part of every policy (including those that don’t need it), we will always have these uncovered claims.