Hurricane Delta is strengthening rapidly as it heads for Cancun, Mexico. It’s expected to reach Louisiana by Saturday morning. If the storm makes U.S. landfall, it will become the 10th named storm to do so this year – a new record.
Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards warned coastal parishes to prepare for the storm now. “It is common for many people to experience hurricane fatigue during a busy season, but we need everyone to take this threat seriously,” he said.
Other states along the northern Gulf Coast expected to be impacted include Mississippi, Alabama and Florida.
Please click on the links below for Triple-I’s hurricane preparedness guides:
- National Hurricane Preparedness Week
- Hurricane Season Insurance Guide
- How to Prepare for Hurricane Season
- What to do When a Hurricane Threatens
- Video: Create a Home Inventory
- Video: Hurricane Insurance Guide
Triple-I’s Mark Friedlander offers hurricane safety tips in the video below.