I’m looking forward to attending my first Insurance Information Institute Joint Industry Forum next week. The agenda for the January 16 event at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in New York City is packed with impressive speakers from across the insurance industry, as well as influencers from media, academia, and the world of politics and policy:
- Triple-I CEO Sean Kevelighan will interview award-winning broadcast journalist and CBS Face the Nation host Margaret Brennan about current issues and the 2020 elections;
- Former U.S. Council of Economic Advisers Chairman Glenn Hubbard will discuss events and trends shaping the insurance business environment with Wall Street Journal chief economics correspondent Jon Hilsenrath; and
- Phil Klotzbach, research scientist in the Department of Atmospheric Science at Colorado State University and Triple-I non-resident scholar will lead a panel on extreme weather that includes the Weather Channel’s Dr. Rick Knabb.
Other panels include:
- The Future of Insurance Marketing;
- A 21st Century Workforce That Reflects Communities We Serve; and
- An interactive discussion: JIF 2020 Crystal Ball—What Does the Future Hold?
The full-day event will wrap up with a cocktail reception with Dr. Hubbard. The entire event will be a fun, informative opportunity to learn and network with peers, subject-matter experts, and industry influencers.
I hope to see you there; if you haven’t signed up, please note: Registration closes at 5:00 p.m. (ET) Friday, January 10, 2020.