How to file a wildfire claim in California


Wildfire recovery and the claims process

If you have been impacted by the wildfires in California, contact your insurer to start the claims process, and to help you determine if you are eligible for additional living expenses. To understand more about the claims process, including how to file a claim and to learn what’s usually covered and what is not, please see the following articles:

The claims process

To help you get started with the claims process, please see the contact information for major insurers below.

Major homeowners insurers in California

  • State Farm: Customers impacted by wildfires can contact their local agent, call 1-800-SFCLAIM (1-800-732-5246), or visit our website, or use the State Farm mobile app to start the claim process.
  • Farmers Insurance Group: File a claim online, through the Farmers Mobile App, contact your agent or call the Claims Contact Center at (800) 435-7764. More info here
  • CSAA: AAA Northern California insurance customers who have suffered damage to their homes or vehicles may also call AAA Northern California for assistance at 800-922-8228. More info here
  • Liberty Mutual: For claims support for anyone impacted by the California wildfires claims you can file here.
  • Allstate: File a claim through any agent, 1-800-547-8676 or stop by one of our a Mobile Claim Centers, listed here. More info here
  • USAA: For claims, call 210-531-USAA ( 8722) 800-531-USAA ( 8722).
  • Mercury General: For claims, call (800) 503-3724. More info here.
  • Nationwide: Call 1-800-421-3535 or visit
  • Travelers: Customers can find Mobile Claim Office locations and report claims online here. More info here
  • Chubb: For claims support: contact your agent or file a claim online. More info available about wildfires here.
  • The Hartford: Report a catastrophe claim here.

Back to top