- Buying a Policy and Saving Money
- Choosing an insurance company Article
- Where can I buy insurance? Article
- 8 questions to ask before buying auto insurance Article
The vehicle you own, your personal priorities and your budget all factor into your unique auto insurance needs. Before comparing policies and insurers, evaluate how you use your car and what risks you face to figure out what options make the best sense for you.
- How to find the right auto insurance Article
- How much auto coverage do I need? Article
- What determines the price of an auto insurance policy? Article
Many factors can affect your auto insurance premium.
- Infographic: What determines the cost of my auto insurance? Article
Auto insurance premiums are calculated using a many factors—and some insurers give more weight to some factors than others. The cost of an auto insurance policy is generally determined by the amount of coverage, types of coverage chosen and other factors.
- Why did my auto insurance costs go up even when I didn’t file a claim? Article
- Credit and insurance scores Article
- What information do I need to give to my agent or company? Article
- How to save money on car insurance Article
Having adequate car insurance is both smart and prudent, but there's no question that it adds to the expense of driving. The good news is that premiums can vary by hundreds of dollars depending on a number of factors. Review your coverage at renewal time to make sure your insurance is in step with your needs, and follow these practical steps to reduce the bottom line on your auto policy.
- Five insurance mistakes to avoid... (and still save money) Article
Avoid these pitfalls when buying auto, home, flood and renters insurance.
- 8 auto insurance myths Article
When purchasing an auto policy, it’s important to understand the factors that affect your policy costs and coverage. Unfortunately, there's a lot of bad information that passes for "common wisdom"—here, we separate myth from facts about car insurance.
- What if I can't find auto coverage? Article
Auto insurance is mandated nearly everywhere in the United States. But it can be hard to get a policy if you have a poor driving record or are seen as a high risk for other reasons. This information will help you find coverage.
- Should I purchase an umbrella liability policy? Article
- Does auto insurance cover a rental replacement car after an accident? Article
- What is a loss history report? Article
- Saving money on auto insurance: Five tips Video
- Tips on saving money on auto insurance Video
- Smart auto insurance tips Video
- Understanding rental car insurance Video
- Informed Citizen: Rental Car Insurance Video
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car Video
- Insuring your classic car Article
A classic, custom, collectible or antique car requires insurance that reflects your vehicle’s uniqueness and value. If you own—or are thinking of owning—a special set of wheels, find out about the kind of policy you need.
- What to do at the scene of an accident Article
No one wants to get into a car crash. But being prepared and knowing what to do if you are involved in an accident can save lives, reduce injuries and make the claims process simpler and easier.
- Steps to take after an auto accident Video
- Background on: Distracted Driving Issues Updates
Distracted driving is the cause of a large percentage of auto accidents each year. Teen drivers are especially at risk, and employers may be liable for their employees' distracted driving incidents. Avoid being a distracted driving statistic with these safety reminders.
- Safety tips for teen drivers Article
- Shopping for a safe car Article
The more safely built the car you buy, the better the chances of your surviving an accident. Protect yourself and your passengers by understanding the factors that make a car safe and making your purchase accordingly.
- Avoid a deer-car collision Article
- Car breakdown safety Video
- Driving in Bad Weather Article
- Driving in winter? Be prepared and stay safe Article
Snow, sleet, ice and below freezing temperatures all have an effect on driving conditions. During winter, safety depends on driver performance in winter hazards, good vehicle maintenance—and common sense. These tips will help you and your car weather the winter.
- Flooded cars: How to avoid buying a water-damaged car Video
- Motorcycle Insurance Article
Choosing the right insurance policy is much like choosing the right motorcycle. You want it to fit your needs and lifestyle—and to be within your budget. Here's a guide to insurance coverage for your bike—and some tips to make your insurance ride more "easy" on your wallet.
- Protect yourself against auto theft Video
- How to prevent auto theft and carjacking Article
Having your vehicle stolen is bad enough, but carjacking—having it taken while you're behind the wheel—is potentially dangerous, even lethal. Foil would-be car thieves and keep yourself safe with these precautions.
- Road rage and auto insurance Article
Road rage incidents are not only dangerous, they are exempted from coverage by many auto insurance policies. Understand your risks and take precautionary measures to avoid being a victim—or a cause—of aggressive driving accidents.
- Senior driving safety and insurance tips Article
- Auto insurance for teen drivers Article
- Prom season: Protecting teens from drunk driving Video
- Road rage Video
- Informed Citizen: What to do in case of an Auto Accident Video
- Uninsured motorists: Threats on the road Video
- Driving with trucks Video